Thursday, January 24, 2013

Gobsmasha Part 1

I do love Ork vehicles.  I love the fact that the final look is open to interpretation.  I love how they are comically ramshackle.  I love how simply brutal they are. Most of all, I love building 'em!  I need some heavy gunz in this Speed Freeks army.  I always wanted to build a Gobsmasha so 'ere we go!  The very old Epic system had fantastic vehicles:
So...many...Mek...dreams...
Whew, shake it off.  Gobsmasha for now.


I started by getting 4 Lego wheels.  These happen to be 56x34mm Technic wheels.  I wanted a good framework to build from, and since I'm lazy I just got these rather than scratch building. You could use anything round though.
Rather than having a smooth wheel I decided on segmented plates.  I used strip stock cut into sections for the wheel plates:
Partway through.  Both parts are polystyrene, so plastic cement wins the day here.
Some time later...
That's it for part 1, next will be the ponderous task of riveting these.

mtk...




1 comment:

  1. Excellent start! I rifle through my old catalogs for inspiration frequently, I'm really looking forward to seeing the Gobsmasha come together!

    ReplyDelete