Thursday, February 19, 2015

Hot Rod Battlewagon 3 Part 2


More utility today than anything.  I wanted to incorporate the copious numbers of extra trukk axles I have, mostly to use them up.  The differential does look cool though, so no worries there.  The only issue they are designed for the trukk chassis, and mine is a bit wider.  So choppy chop!

Saturday, February 14, 2015

Hot Rod Battlewagon 3 Part 1

No rest for the weary.  I'm going to OFCC in July so I now have a deadline.  I have a rough list and I need at least one more Battlewagon.  So today I layed down the frame:
This wagon will be a little bit shorter than the last, mainly because that's the room I have in my foam tray for my bag.  This guy will have an offset chassis to accommodate the larger back wheels.
The frame itself is some Evergreen rectangular tube.

Wednesday, February 11, 2015

Hot Rod Battlewagon 2 Complete

Holy crap!  After being mocked by a barely started chassis for two months I'm finally finished. 

Monday, February 9, 2015

Hot Rod Battlewagon 2 part 5

I'm still fairly new to magnetizing my stuff, but I'm really liking it on my battlewagons so far.  I can change up loadouts, easily show destroyed weapons and most importantly store my stuff easier.

Let me show how I built this iteration of mag-gunz.

My goal is to get a post like this:
and a mount like this:

Thursday, February 5, 2015

Hot Rod Battlewagon 2 part 4

So I got on a run of building and didn't really get in any WIP shots.  All I really did though was lay out parts from my loose bits box that looked like they'd work together, then cut, mashed, forced, glued and swore my way into this point in the build:

Monday, February 2, 2015

Hot Rod Battlewagon 2 Part 3

The next big bit was to get the cab built.  After much monkey work ended up matching what I did on the previous wagon using the wagon prow as the roof:
This go around I decided to use up as many truck and wagon bits I have in by bitsbox, as it's pretty full.  Note the cut down truck windscreen here:
I did some measuring and lined up a rear access door for the cab:
An under cab view;

On to the bed.  I spliced an ork truck bed plate with two battlewagon bed panels:
These are upcycled bits from some cutup kits I got in a trade.  Rather then tear it up even more I just worked around the parts, using them as beat I could:
And bed on frame!  At least I have a playable model now, even if it's not finished: