Friday, December 28, 2012

Master of the Forge Kitbash

I have always liked the idea of a Master of the Forge led army, but I don't care for the resin model.  I figured I'd see what I could do with an all plastic build.

Here's a go at a Master with a Conversion Beamer, using parts from the Devastators box and the Marine Vehicle Accessory sprue.

I started with modest parts, a set of legs, a standard torso rear and a Tech front torso from the Marine vehicle sprue:

Saturday, December 22, 2012

Lootaz! Part 1

I needed a unit of lootaz, but I really don't care for for the official models.  I figures between a couple of bits orders and what I already had I could cobble something together.

I really liked the look of the Stormboy control arms.  I cleaned up the the fronts and added some cutoff Nob combishootas and got these:

Wednesday, December 12, 2012

Nob Bikerz WIP Part 5

Here is the latest biker:
The head is a Fantasy Football head from Puppetswar, the torso from the Orc Pilots set from Kromlec.  I used JB Weld for the resin to plastic joins, as anything else I've doesn't work very well.  I'm going to take a break from Nob Bikerz for a while to work on lootas.  MTK...

Monday, December 10, 2012

Thursday, December 6, 2012

Nob Bikerz WIP Part 2

First Biker of the unit finished:
Onto to Biker 2!

Tuesday, December 4, 2012

Nob Bikerz WIP part 1

In addition to finishing the boss I started my second unit of Nob Bikers.  Here's the WIP:

I trimmed away the front of a standard bike and flipped the remaining bit around.  This let's the rider lean forward a bit more.  The engine is from a cut up deffkopta, with the bike forks mounted underneath.
I'd have more WIP shots but I got on a roll.  More to come...

Saturday, December 1, 2012

Warbiker boss part 6

Whew.  Still catching up from vacation and Thanksgiving.  The Boss is done!

Now to finish the second Nob Biker unit...

Monday, November 12, 2012

Warbiker boss part 5

Hey I managed to squeeze in some modeling time and a post before the beginning of my Turkey day prep.

Here's the current progress:

I wanted a different Power Klaw, bigger and more brutal:
 Big Dakka guns from the tutorial:
I made a cast from a bike wheel for a more Speed Freeky shoulder pad:
A 1/35th scale oil drum:
 I needed a huge biker head, so I started some putty work on the stock AoBR bonce.  I was going to try for a cloth skullcap but I ended going with a tanker style cap instead.  The extra bulk of the cap compliments the big head better, and it will tie in with some of the tanks I have planned later.

Not done with the sculpting, but a good start I think!


Thursday, November 8, 2012

Holiday Hiatus

I'm not dead, nor is the blog.  With the upcoming Thanksgiving Holiday and a family trip planned "real life" has taken priority.  I'll update when I can but the schedule is catiwompus.

Saturday, November 3, 2012

Big Shoota Tutorial

So I needed some Dakkagunz for my Warbiker Boss, and the normal ones that come with the bikes are too small, so I scratch built a pair.  I took some pictures along the way.  Rather than go insuper detail about sizes and methods I figured I'd summarize.  I use either Evergreen or Plastruct Styrene.  I have various sizes of sheet, strip and tubes.  If you want to start I'd collect a wide variety, you'll spend around $40.  Evergreen tube is sized to slide together if you get adjacent diameters.  I use 1mm thick sheet stock in most of my projects.  It works well for all kinds of applications.  There are lots of articles on the web with details of what ranges to use, if I get enough feedback I'll do an article here.

On to the guns.

Friday, November 2, 2012

Warbiker Boss part 4

Quick hit, crazy busy with "real life" but manged to ge this far:

Thursday, October 25, 2012

Warbiker Boss part 3

Quick update.  Progress so far:

Closeup of forks:

A tube inside a tube, reenforced with paperclip wire:

To make the rear transaxle and the front engine I used Killa Kan leg joints:

Rear Axle closeups:

A comparison with a regular bike:




Thursday, October 18, 2012

Trukk 1 quickie!

Based on some suggestions the front end looked a bit weedy I added a gob:

Warbiker Boss continued...

A little more progress:
Adding the new front fork mounts, and I added some rivets and gubbinz to the engine.
Close up of the cross mounts for the rear clip:


More to come...