Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Rivets

I like to use rivets on my Ork stuff.  I think it looks very industrial and lend a nice slapped together look to the gear.  I used to use one primary method for my rivets-cutting rod.

It's really simple.  Select plastic rod that you want for the size of your rivet.  Slice like bread:

Place on your piece.  Repeat a bazillion times.  The pro to this method is that it doesn't require any special tools.  If you need just a few then it works great.   The con is consistency. It's tough to get them all the same thickness with crisp cuts.

Screw that noise.

I needed a lot of rivets, like thousands. So I decided to invest in a hole punches:
I picked these up on Amazon for around $8 each. I got a 1/8 and 1/16 inch punch. Well worth it given I need a lot of rivets.
With the punch method you cut the rivets out of a plastic sheet:
This gives you complete control over the consistency.  Plus it's really boring.

Next time, we'll see what all this excitement got us to.



1 comment:

  1. You may need to seek serious mental help...

    Seriously, that is some major dedication to rivets, looking forward to the finished trukk

    ReplyDelete