Friday, January 12, 2018

Let's roll with Primaris Marines

Yes, it's been a long time.  That's life I suppose.  Anyhow, when GW released Primaris Marines along with 8th Ed, I took the opportunity to start up a new army project.  I've always wanted to do a vanilla marine army, but since I've already got Space Wolves the motivation wasn't really there.  Then Primaris Marines dropped.  I could get new sculpts, with fewer troops, and I could salvage vehicles from my abandoned 30K force.  But what chapter?  After I kicked around a few ideas, I went for broke:
Howling Griffons

Here's what I have so far:


With fewer infantry models to have to put on the table (thank you Primaris) I decided to put more attention on the infantry.  I wanted a more subdued palette and a bit more weathering on them than normal.

I converted the Librarian from the Chapter Ancient from the Dark Millennium Box.  I'll go into more detail on that build later.


The Sergeants are both stock from the same box, with the exception of a head swap to older Mk helmets.  I wanted to bleed a little of the old over, plus it's makes it seem like an earned honor.  Maybe the helmets belonged to some chapter heros?



Over the next few weeks I'll post the WIP pics from the build.

Thanks for hanging in there.




No comments:

Post a Comment